Woke up this morning and put the local abc station on the tv. I was shocked to see the breaking news on Good Morning America (which ended a few minutes later). I'm attached to CNN... looking at how the Heathrow airport in London has basically been shut down. Apparently British police unfoiled a terror plot that was supposed to take down at least half a dozen planes over the Atlantic ocean after leaving Heathrow on route to the U.S. It's absolutely terrifying to me that only a few weeks ago we were flying that way.
9-11's 5 year anniversary is coming up next month and I hadn't really thought much of it before now. Living up here I've gotten to feel quite safe -- as well as push my memories of that horrific day well to the back of my mind. All of those memories seem to coming back to me right now. It's unsettling beyond belief.
No comments:
Post a Comment